PLEASE SEE POSITION VACANT FOR YOUR INTEREST
Medical Scientist Anatomical Pathology Scientist Grade 1
- Seeking an experienced Medical Scientist Anatomical Pathology Grade 1
- Fixed Term Full time position (Maternity cover until June 2023)
- Based in The Royal Melbourne Hospital - Varied role working in both Histology and Cytology
Your new team:
This is your opportunity to work with a team of highly specialised scientists and technicians in the provision of Anatomical Pathology services to RMH and Parkville precinct medical providers. Your strong commitment to teamwork, flexibility and organisation skills will enable you to operate across the various technical roles in Anatomical Pathology at RMH.
Your new role:
- Perform routine Histology duties which include: embedding, microtomy, assist with surgical cut -up, frozen sections and special stains
- Perform specialized Histology duties which include: Immunohistochemistry, Renal histology and Molecular pathology
- Perform routine general Cytology specimen preparation and attendance of simple Cytology procedures
- Participate in in-house quality control procedures
- Qualified in B.App. Science (Histology/Cytology) major
- Must have extensive experience in Anatomical Pathology laboratory and the capacity to work in a variety of roles, independently and under supervision
- You are well organised, self-motivated, familiar with LIS i.e. AUSLAB, good communication and teamwork skills.
- Career progression opportunities to suit your professional development goals.
- Enjoy excellent work-life balance working in a supportive and collaborative team
- Salary packaging, onsite car parking and, close to public transport.
The RMH is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for our staff and our community. Our goal is for our people to feel safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best every single day. We encourage talented people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply to our vacancies, and will consider adjustments to support such applications.
For a confidential discussion please connect via the details below.
All appointments are made subject to a satisfactory Criminal History Record Check. Successful applicants will be required to provide evidence of an immunisation assessment and COVID-19 Vaccination prior to commencement.
Contact Name - Anne Beaty
Contact telephone – 0393 428 098
Alternative contact name - Tu Anh Huynh
Alternative Contact telephone – 0393 427 752